Please read - Mahadevpura MLA Candidate Manifesto 2018, with signed copy of current MLA, by clicking here
Now you can see the minutes of ward committee meetings of your ward. Please visit the BBMP portal by clicking here , click on ward committee proceedings. Select the month year and scroll down to find your ward. You can click on it to see the minutes, if they have been uploaded it should show the Ward name in bold.
- 1 Bellandur Ward Summary
- 2 ISSUES SPECIFIC TO BELLANDUR WARD (150)
- 3 ISSUES COMMON TO EVERY WARD IN MAHADEVPURA
|PA to Corporator||Rajesh|
|Assistant Revenue Officer (ARO)||Ramachandraiah|
|Micro Plan||Micro Plan|
2 ISSUES SPECIFIC TO BELLANDUR WARD (150)
2.1 Lakes / Water / Sewerage
- Bellandur Lake Implement the Expert Committee report for Bellandur lake and all 46 upstream lakes that feed Bellandur lake. Top items include: Construction of Wetlands: 1.7 hectares for 1 MLD of untreated sewage at entry point, desilting using wet-dredging method, construction of STP to treat raw sewage before it enters lake.
- Lake violations Strict action against buffer zone violations, encroachment and sewage let into chain of lakes (From Harlur - Kasavanahalli- Kaikondrahalli-Soul kere and Ambalipura-Iblur). Stop rejuvenated lakes like Kaikondrahalli lake from deteriorating. Clear rajakaluve encroachments within 3 months. Fence buffer zones on all rajakaluves connecting the above lakes.
- Water supply pipelines Provide pipelines for all apartments by 2018 since many have paid BWSSB charges. Government to ensure that 100% of the water need is met through Cauvery Water OR other schemes, and eliminate unregulated private water tanker supply.
- UGD Connection Underground drainage for all non-apartment households / small apartments without STP.
- Stormwater Drains Functional, covered storm water drainages along every major road and connected to rajakaluves.
- Sewage Treatment Sewage treatment infrastructure of sufficient need - through STPs at lake inlets, decentralised STPs and alternate technology STPs.
- Invest in atleast 3000 sqft of miyawaki lungspace every 2sqkm of area and add 750 recharge wells on priority.
2.2 Solid Waste Management
- Garbage microplan is still not operational, fix the same
- Garbage Vehicles Additional primary (auto-tippers) and secondary (compactors) vehicles for Organic Waste and Sanitary Waste collection as per latest number of non-bulk households. Additional vehicles for Dry Waste as per latest number of non-bulk households.
- DWCC Completion of Dry Waste Collection Center at Doddakannelli - compound wall, electricity, water. Another new DWCC required since our ward requires two.
- Transfer Stations Designated Transfer Stations (lorry points) at 2 places (part A and B)
- Biogas Plant Organic Waste Processing center - 50 TPD Biogas plant was approved in cabinet. Require land.
- BBMP Ward Officers Require two Health Inspectors (part A and B)
2.3 Civic, Roads and transport
- Last mile connectivity large parts of Bellandur are not connected by BMTC. Introduce new routes with convenient and frequent services.
- Number of AEE and AE are not enough given ward size of Bellandur. We need minimal of 3.
- Public Space Identify and develop public spaces in the constituency – for children’s play areas/parks, public amenities like Bangalore One/Indira canteens. Locations: Doddakannelli land, Land strip adjacent to fire station upto Purva Sunshine, Large tracts of land adjacent to RMZ Ecospace, BBMP land at Ibblur Junction
- Scientific design / road widening
- Sarjapur Road widening: Immediate and urgent completion of Central Carriageway with necessary land acquisition. Wide Tendersure-type footpaths before other roadworks start - from Ibbalur to Carmelaram on both sides.
- Junction design and upgrade, widening and whitetopping at all junctions including: Haralur Road, Junnasandra, Kaikondrahalli, Doddakanelli and Carmelaram.
- Widening of the Wind Tunnel Road and a Police Checkpost as the nearest checkpost is 6 kms away.
- Development of 5 arterial roads - Bellandur through Huskur to ecity, ORR -doddakannelli-Carmelaram to Gunjur, Kaikondrahalli to Hosur road, Ibblur Junction to Yemalur and Bellandur to Yemalur.
- Metro Need this as long term solution. Focus on KRPuram-Silk Board Metro completion. Immediate fund allocation via loan needed rather than wait for ‘Innovative Funding’. Metro to Sarjapur Road and ORR is critical. Even phase 3 project shd be expedited.
- Suburban Rail Fund additional Suburban Rail routes and trains through Carmelaram (ensure the central fund of 50% allocation does not go waste). Development of Carmelaram station into full fledged station with regular stops for trains + suburban, pedestrian access points, parking lot, wait and transit infrastructure, ramps, skywalk and foot-over bridge between platforms, flyover at the rail crossing for motorists.
- Bus Better connectivity through BMTC buses (minibuses) to interior roads via the proposed new arterial roads. Improve routes and frequencies. Every resident should have a bus stop within 300m from her house. Detailed demands shared with BMTC--including Chakra mini-bus routes between all the Bellandur Tech Parks from Carmelaram, Kasavanhalli, Haralur, Ibblur, Ecospace (RMZ Ecospace back gate), Bellandur-Doddakanelli road, Carmelaram. Need a 5-acre bus stand in Bellandur.
- Parking issues Enforce parking rules to avoid unauthorized and haphazard parking by cars and cabs. All commercial establishment should provide self parking on all major District Roads and State Highways.Close all commercial in residential area. Close all commercial without parking provisions in violation of building plan approval
- Pedestrian infrastructure Follow IRC and DULT norms, in terms of skywalks (mandatory on signal-free corridors), footpaths, HRPCs, pelican crossings, median refuge islands, clear pathways, street light, ramps, etc. Skywalks to be built by BBMP, not on PPP model, for pedestrian safety, not advertising revenue. There are six skywalks planned in the entire Assembly constituency. However, only one has been implemented.
- PWD roads on Chikkanayakanahalli,Kodathi, Gattahalli, Choodasandra to enable grid based connect is important and they haven't been fixed for years now
- Bellandur Central Mall Ward 150 (Sanjay Skywalk near Salarpuria Softzone might be a replacement. However it is not implemented yet.
- Outer Ring Road near Iblur junction - URGENT
- Kadubeesanahalli near JP Morgan
- Ambalipura Gate in front of Springfield Apartment
- New Horizon College of Engineering, Kadubeesanahalli
- Safety Proper street lights and CCTV surveillance in sensitive locations.
- Urban design Standardize roads with footpaths (Tendersure model). Standardize skywalks and bus shelters designs. Push for better urban planning and design with city’s heritage and mobility in mind, enforce clear commercial/residential zones.
- Violations Action against violation of plan sanctions. 1. High-rises 2. commercialisation of residential areas (Sanctioning and functioning of commercial establishments)
2.4 Education, Sports & Civic Amenities
- Need 4 large public playgrounds across the ward. WHO recommends 9 sq metre per person open space. It is currently 1 sq m - Govt should increase to 2 sq m within 1 year of election).
- One sporting facility for all disciplines
- Public library
- Bangalore ONE center in the ward.
- Two high quality government school and college and anganwadis with mid-day meals and one Indira Canteen .
- Government hospital for secondary care
- Three govt ambulances on call available at key locations in the ward to attend to emergencies. (e.g. Carmelram, Sakra, Ibblur)
3 ISSUES COMMON TO EVERY WARD IN MAHADEVPURA
These are common requirements from across all 8 wards within Mahadevapura Assembly constituency.
Agencies in Sync BBMP, BWSSB, BESCOM, BDA, BTP, KLDCA all need to be working actively and in synchronisation without the need for citizen or political interference.
Quick Response A SWAT team consisting of Health Inspector, Traffic Police Inspector, AEE should be formed to attend to emergencies.
Maintenance Varthur and Bellandur Lake rejuvenation on a war footing. Decongest traffic at Marathalli Bridge, Phoenix Market City, Kundanahalli Junction, Shell Petrol Bunk Junction, Graphite India Junction, Hope Farm, Kadubeesanahalli-Panathur, Borewell Road/Nellurhalli Circle, Varthur Kodi, Varthur Village, Prestige Shantiniketan, Big Bazaar, Hoodi Triangle, Ibblur, Kasavanahalli. Regular tasks should be done with diligence and quality without escalation. These include: Maintenance of roads, cleaning of drains, Removal of pigs and garbage black spots from streets, ABC programme for stray dogs.
3.1 Accountability & Good Governance
Ward Committee MLA promises need to be reviewed periodically in the regular ward meetings. 3 non partisan members representing the needs of apartments and layouts and an additional representation for villages and long time settlers of the area should be there in Ward Committee.
Citizen engagement Setup and engage with Advisory/feedback committee of residents.
Be accessible Approachability of the MLA & his office
Stop Corruption Clear signage for all services and corresponding officer’s name with phone numbers in all major languages. Mention escalation points with email ids. Ensure that the Khata processing,building plan approval and issuing OC, is bribe free and people friendly. Improved & Bribe free BESCOM & BWSSB services. Have a single window grievance centre for citizens to lodge complaint about corrupt or non-performing govt officials, which can be tracked and closed with action.
Stop violations Remove of encroachments on Rajakaluves and Stormwater Drains. Act immediately against Illegal constructions
3.2 Public Space, Property and Maintenance
Public sites Fence ALL public properties including ALL lakes. Develop them into parks, DWCC centres or other civic amenity use identified by ward committee
Playgrounds WHO recommends 9 sq metre per person open space. It is currently 1 sq m - Increase it to 2 sq m within 1 year of election, by having at least 4 public playgrounds in each ward.
Civic Amenities Have one Bangalore One Center in each ward ( except for the ones which already have) along with a Public Library. Dedicated hawker zones for street vendors.
For apartments Implement undiluted RERA immediately. OC to be mandatory with criminal charges on Builder for violations without any impact on owners. All apartment charges to be reviewed and brought on par with others. Water tariff to be on par with individual house. Power Tariff to be charged only under LT2 (a) and not LT5
BESCOM Remove unwanted poles and cables. Make the 24/7 helpline more accountable. The complaint escalation levels should be published.
3.3 Clean Air
- Stop burning of garbage and dry leaves completely.
- Mechanised Street cleaning machine to cover ALL tarred roads in the ward.
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms with industries and Tech parks.
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms for construction areas and METRO construction.
- Install more Pollution Control monitors across Mahadevpura
3.4 Waste & Health
- Have C&D collection center and Aggregation center at Constituency Level
- Have a DWCC, Leaf composting and Biogas/Composting units in every ward. All parks & temples to compulsorily have leaf composting.
- Additional primary(auto-tippers) and secondary (compactors) vehicles for Organic and Sanitary Waste collection as per latest number of non-bulk households. Additional Vehicles for Dry waste collection as per latest number of non-bulk households.
- Regularize and map Paying Guest buildings in wards
- Create awareness on waste segregation at source and KA Plastic Ban through IEC material and link workers for residents and PKs
- Have dedicated areas for communicating important messages to citizens
- Enforcement of KA Plastic Ban and Segregation at Source on a war footing by empowering Citizen Marshalls and ward officials
- Collect garbage collection from commercial areas twice a day. Provide bins for commercial areas.
- Enforce complete ban of birthday banners and other flex banners in public areas
- Desilt Drains and ensure all chambers and drains are covered properly. No stagnant water.
- Street Dogs: BBMP should clear dues and pay NGOs doing sterilization on time. Allocate funds for Canine Distemper vaccination along with Anti Rabies vaccine.
3.5 Safety, Law and Order
- 100% coverage of street lights for all roads. Street lights should be centrally managed at ward level.
- 100% cctv coverage of areas surrounding and overlooking schools, colleges , public lands, bus stops and anganwadis, and centrally connect to police control.
- Update crime statistics by category across police station limits on the website regularly.
- Complete on the ground implementation of New Beat System rolled out by Karnataka State Police in Feb 2017. Collaborate with residents and implement Neighbourhood Watch Programs
- Bring Law to ensure 60% of police work force is available for local crime investigation of cases and not kept away for bandobast and VIP duties outside of their postings, bringing measurable change in resolution of cases in Police stations.
- Strict enforcement of transfer policy preventing premature transfer of police postings.
- Revamp police stations to make them citizen friendly and technologically on par with international Standards.
- Make filing FIR a simple and easy but compulsory process
- Champion and reduce fatal road accidents by 50%
- Improve visible police presence and increase public confidence. We need dramatic increase in the number of policemen for the size of Mahadevpura
3.6 Water, Lakes & Trees
- Safe drinking water to every citizen – Make the process of connection to BWSSB pipeline bribe free. Water supply pipelines for all apartments by 2018 since many have paid BWSSB charges.
- Control on new borewells with mandatory approvals, action against illegal borewells and safety measures for dried borewells.
- Mandatory water recharge systems near each borewell
- Make rain water harvesting mandatorily enforced including recycling water in big apartment complexes
- Complete UGD Pipeline across all wards. Connect all UGD to functioning STPs.
3.7 Road & Transport
- Regulate SEZs to run common transport for all the companies within their premises. This will eliminate the private buses run by each company and therefore remove burden from roads.
- Due to outdated road laying policy, the road level has gone above floor level of old houses. Identify better ways to lay roads.
- Ensure footpaths on all roads, and clear footpaths of all obstacles and encroachments
- Use the offer from Central government to fund Peripheral Ring Road and start work
- Identify top 50 Pothole prone junctions and get white topping done
- Implement the specification of restoring full road cutting work within 5 days
- Install pedestrian crossings in top 50 junctions
- Install 5 People friendly Skywalks in key junctions and ORR
- Full implementation of Suburban rail and fast execution of Metro
- BTP should just focus on enforcement and let the signals do their job. BTP must deploy additional staff for taking care of violators.
- Convenience facilities at all major bus stops
- Raised Pedestrian Crossing at all junctions/Apartment clusters
- Strict enforcement on Traffic violations
- Development of artillery roads. Have plans and dates published on fixing the road after the roads have been dug up. Coordination between all departments while digging roads
- Ban approval of high rise apartments (over 6 floors) that require widening existing residential roads
- Faster action on encroachments or illegal constructions near road, which are hindering development.
- Enforce parking rules to avoid unauthorized and haphazard parking by cars and cabs. Do not give permission to new commercial developments unless they have parking.
- Provide bus stops closer to Metro stations for last and first mile connectivity.
- Roads are dug up and left unrepaired by telecom companies and the residents keep running from pillar to post between various departments
- Implement govt’s rules on child safety at each and every Govt school. Govt issued a law on 2 Jan 2018. This law is a must in making children safer everywhere & help enhance learning outcomes
- Value based Quality education to all grades: Link for Details
- Vocational training programs for our Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Rural Youth to provide them a meaningful livelihood for the future
- Have one excellent public library in each ward
- Include sports and after school activities in government schools.