Difference between revisions of "Common Needs for All Wards"
From Rising Citizen
|Line 60:||Line 60:|
* Regularize and map PGs in wards
* Regularize and map PGs in wards
*Drains and ensure all chambers and drains are covered properly
<section end=Waste_Health />
<section end=Waste_Health />
Revision as of 16:39, 14 April 2018
The below are common needs across all 8 Mahadevpura wards.
1 Land and Building
- Fence ALL public property including ALL lakes. Develop them into parks, DWCC centres or use identified by ward committee
- WHO recommends 9 sq metre per person open space. It is currently 1 sq m - Increase it to 2 sq m within 1 year of election, by having at least 4 public playgrounds.
- Ensure that the Khata processing is bribe free and people friendly.
- Have Bangalore One Centers in every ward along with a Public Library.
- Implement undiluted RERA immediately. OC to be mandatory with criminal charges on Builder for violations without any impact on owners.
- All apartment Cess & Tariffs to be reviewed and brought on par with others.
- Water tariff to be on par with individual house. Power Tariff to be charged only under LT2 (a) and not LT5
- Remove of encroachments on Rajakaluves & SWD
- Act immediately against Illegal constructions
- Improved & bribe free BESCOM Services
2 Clean Air
- Stop Garbage and dry leaves burning is completely and ensure action on complaints for the same.
- Mechanised Street cleaning machine to cover ALL tarred roads in the ward
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms with industries and Tech parks
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms for construction areas and METRO construction
- Install more Pollution Control monitors across Mahadevpura
3 Waste & Health
- Have C&D collection center and Aggregation center at Constituency Level
- Have a DWCC, Leaf composting and Biogas/Composting units in every ward. All parks & temples to compulsorily have leaf composting.
- Implement the recommendation of SWMRT to know the right number of waste collection autos for each ward. Every auto to have a GPS and loudspeaker
- Have additional vehicles for Organic, DRY and Sanitary Waste collection as per latest number of non-bulk households. Definitely have Auto-tippers
- Create awareness on waste segregation at source and KA Plastic Ban through IEC material and link workers for residents and PKs
- Enforcement of KA Plastic Ban and Segregation at Source on a war footing by empowering Citizen Marshalls and ward officials
- Collect garbage collection from commercial areas twice. Provide bins for commercial areas.
- Have dedicated areas for communicating important messages to citizens
- Enforce complete ban of birthday banners and other flex banners in public areas
- Regularize and map PGs in wards
- Desilt Drains and ensure all chambers and drains are covered properly
- MASSIVE Mosquito problem in our areas due to stagnant water in the lakes that are not thriving. We have mapping to show how badly affected we are wherever we are close to an unhealthy lake. Please address by rejuvenating the lakes for the long term but short term taking mosquito measures on the lake
4 Safety, Law and Order
- 100% coverage of street lights for all roads. Street lights should be centrally managed at ward level.
- 100% cctv coverage of areas surrounding and overlooking schools, colleges , public lands, bus stops and anganwadis, and centrally connect to police control.
- Website publication and regular upkeep of crime statistics by category across police station limits.
- Complete on the ground implementation of New Beat System rolled out by Karnataka State Police in Feb 2017. Collaborate with residents and implement Neighbourhood Watch Programs
- Bring Law to ensure 60% of police work force is available for local crime investigation of cases and not kept away for bandobast and VIP duties outside of their postings, bringing measurable change in resolution of cases in Police stations.
- Strict enforcement of transfer policy preventing premature transfer of police postings.
- Revamp police stations to make them citizen friendly and technologically on par with international Standards.
- Make filing FIR a simple and easy but compulsory process
- Champion and reduce fatal road accidents by 50%
- Improve visible police presence and increase Public confidence. We need dramatic increase in the number of policemen for the size of Mahadevpura
- Street Dogs: BBMP should clear dues and pay ontime for NGO's who are doing sterlization. Allocate funds for Canine Distemper vaccination along with Anti Rabies vaccine.
5 Water, Lakes & Trees
- Safe Drinking water to every citizen – Make the process of connection to cauvery pipeline bribe free. Water supply pipelines for all apartments by 2018 since many have paid BWSSB charges.
- Complete UGD Pipeline across all Wards. Connect all UGD to functioning STPs.
- Control on new borewells with mandatory approvals, action against illegal borewell and safety measures for dried borewells.
- Mandatory water recharge systems near each borewell
- Make rain water harvesting mandatorily enforced including recycling water in big apartment complexes
6 Road & Transport
- Clear footpaths of all obstacles and encroachments
- Identify top 50 Pothole prone junctions and get white topping done
- Implement the specification of restoring full road cutting work within 5 days
- Install pedestrian crossings in top 50 junctions
- Install 5 People friendly Skywalks in key junctions and ORR
- Full implementation of Suburban rail and fast execution of Metro
- Additional Traffic police to manage traffic on par with Mahadevpura population
- Decongest traffic at Marathalli Bridge, Phoenix Market City, Kundanahalli Junction, Shell Petrol Bunk Junction, Graphite India Junction, Hope Farm, Kadubeesanahalli-Panathur, Borewell Road/Nellurhalli Circle, Varthur Kodi, Varthur Village, Prestige Shantiniketan, Big Bazaar, Hoodi Triangle
- Convenience facilities at all major Bus stop
- Raised Pedestrian Crossing at all junctions/Apartment clusters
- Strict enforcement on Traffic violations
- Development of artillery roads. Have plans and dates published on fixing the road after the roads have been dug up. Coordination between all departments while digging roads
- All roads should be either quality tarred or White-Topped or Tender Sure
- Ban approval of high rise apartments (over 6 flrs) that require widening existing residential roads
- Faster action on encroachments or illegal constructions near road, which are hindering development.
- Enforce parking rules to avoid unauthorized and haphazard parking by cars and cabs. Do not give permission to new commercial developments unless they have parking.
- Value based Quality education to all grades: Link for Details
- Vocational training programs for our Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Rural Youth to provide them a meaningful livelihood for the future
- Have one excellent public library in each ward
- Include sports and after school activities in government schools.
8 Accountability in Governance
- The constituency is in dire need of progress. The influx has been incessant while the infrastructure is far from caught up.
- MLA promises need to be checked periodically in the regular ward meetings with our volunteers so that we will know the progress of Promises vs. Achievements.
- A minimum of 3 non-partisan members, from community oriented bodies, should be included in the Ward Committee so that in the monthly meeting we can ensure our area charter demands and other local issues are carried out.
- Before imposing tariffs and Cess on apartments; community oriented bodies like BAF, RWA,WR should be called for a discussion. This will ensure a WIN WIN situation for all.
- BBMP, BWSSB, BESCOM, BDA, BTP, KLDCA all need to be working actively and in synchronisation without the need for citizen or political interference.
- A SWAT team consisting of Health Inspector, Traffic Police Inspector, AEE should be formed to attend to emergencies.
- Corruption free Government offices. Start with Clear signage for all services and correspondimg officer’s name with phone numbers in all major languages. Mention escalation points with email ids.
- Clarity in all government spent so as to avoid well known "percentage cuts".
- Have a single window grievance centre for citizens to lodge complaint about corrupt or non performing govt officials, which can be tracked and closed with action. There should be one such centre in each ward.
- Citizen engagement via an Advisory committee of Non Partisan residents of the area.
- Approachability of the MLA & his office, need a 24/7 command center
- If failed to uphold the above bare minimum asks, he should take moral responsibility & sign the resignation before taking oath or office. Else, place 100cr in an escrow account