Common Needs for All Wards
The below are common needs across all 8 mahadevpura wards. Additional ward Specific needs are listed below.
The constituency is in dire need of progress. The influx has been incessant while the infrastucture is far from caught up.
- MLA promises need to be checked periodically in the regular ward meetings with our volunteers so that we will know the progress of Promises vs. Achievements.
- A minimum of 1 non partisan BAF member should be included in the Ward Committee so that in the monthly meeting we can ensure our area charter demands and other local issues are carried out. Two other members can be from non partisan groups such as WR, KMB.
- Tariffs before being imposed on apartments, community oriented bodies like BAF, RWA should be called for a discussion so that things can be worked out. WIN WIN situations
- BBMP, BWSSB, BESCOM, BDA, BTP, KLDCA all need to be working actively without the need for citizen or political interference.
- A SWAT team consisting of Health Inspector, Traffic Police Inspector, AEE to attend to emergencies.
- Regular tasks should be done with diligence and quality without escalation.
1 Land and Building
- Fence ALL public property including ALL lakes. This is where all the encroachment is happenning. Develop into Parks.
- Joint Commissioner to ensure all Khata to be bribe free and quick.
- A Bangalore One Center should be in Every ward along with a Public Library
- Implement undiluted RERA immediately. OC to be mandatory with criminal charges on Builder for violations without any impact on owners
- All apartment Cess Tariffs to be reviewed and brought on par with others. (SWM cess and Sanitation Cess to be removed where not applicable. Water tariff to be on par with individual house. Power Tariff fto be charged only under LT2 (a) and not LT5)
- Strict enforcement action on any violations brought to the notice of the authorities be it in construction or any other area.
- Remove of encroachments on Rajakaluves & SWD
- Act immediately against Illegal constructions
- Improved BESCOM Services and without any bribes
2 Clean Air
- Ensure Garbage and dry leaves burning is completely eliminated
- Mechanised Street cleaning machine to cover ALL tarred roads in the ward
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms with industries and Tech parks
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms for construction areas and METRO construction
- Install more Pollution Control monitors across Mahadevpura
- Need 4 large public playgrounds across the ward. WHO recommends 9 sq metre per person open space. It is currently 1 sq m - Govt should increase to 2 sq m within 1 year of election).
3 Waste & Health:
- Constituency Level
- C&D collection center
- Aggregation center
- Leaf Composters in Every Lane
- Ward level destinations: DWCC, Leaf composting, Biogas/Composting units
- Required number of autos for ward waste collection with GPS facility
- Additional Vehicles for Organic Waste and Sanitary Waste collection as per latest number of non-bulk households. Auto-tippers are required.
- Additional vehicles for Dry Waste as per latest number of non-bulk households.
- Waste Segregation Enforcement/Implementation:
- Awareness Waste Segregation at Source and KA Plastic Ban through IEC material and link workers for residents.
- Awareness Waste Segregation at Source and KA Plastic Ban through IEC material and link workers for PKs.
- Enforcement of KA Plastic Ban and Segregation at Source on a war footing by empowering Citizen Marshalls and ward officials
- Enforce that all Garbage collectors treat segregated garbage appropriately without mixing it up
- Twice garbage collection from commercial areas
- Strict enforcement of plastic ban and Waste Segregation
- Have dedicated areas for communicating important messages to citizens
- complete ban of birthday banners and other such socially irresponsible flex in public areas
- Regularize and map PGs in wards
- Bins for segregated waste in Commercial area with regular clearance
- More mechanized sweepers based on length of major roads in the ward
- Dry Leaves burning - NEVER
- All parks & temples to compulsorily have leaf composting centres
- Prevent communicable diseases (mosquitoes) by ensuring no open sewage-laden gutters and stagnant water.
- Desilt Drains and ensure all chambers and drains are covered properly.
4 Safety, Law and Order:
- 100% coverage of street lights for all BBMP roads, centrally managed at ward level.
- 100% cctv coverage of areas surrounding and overlooking schools, colleges , public lands, bus stops and anganwadis, and centrally connect to police control
- Website publication and regular upkeep of crime statistics by category across police station limits.
- Complete on the ground implementation of New Beat System rolled out by Karnataka State Police in Feb 2017. Collaborate with residents and implement Neighbourhood Watch Programs
- Bring Law to ensure 60% of police work force is available for local crime investigation of cases and not kept away for bandobast and VIP duties outside of their postings, bringing measurable change in resolution of cases in Police stations.
- strict enforcement of transfer policy preventing premature transfer of police postings.
- increase in budget for man power, tools and revamping of police stations making them
- Citizen friendly and technologically on par with international Standards.
- Ease of filing FIR
- Champion and reduce fatal road accidents by 50%
- Improve Visible police presence and increase Public confidence. Need dramatic increase in number of policemen for the size of Mahadevpura
- Street Dogs: A 24/7 hosptial with critical care and ambulance
- Street Dogs: BBMP should clear dues and pay ontime for NGO's who is doing sterlization, ensuring its smooth run
- Street Dogs: Allocate funds for Canine Distemper vaccination along with Anti Rabies vaccine
5 Water, Lakes & Trees
- Varthur & Bellandur Lake rejuvenation on a War Footing
- Safe Drinking water to every citizen - Cauvery Pipeline. Connection to be provided without Bribe
- Cauvery Water and water tariff to be stream lined
- Complete UGD Pipeline across all Wards - major inconvenience right now
- Connect all UGD to functioning STPs! They are leading to nowhere but the lake right now.
- Control on new borewells with mandatory approvals, action against illegal borewell and safety measures for dried borewells.
- Mandatory water recharge systems near each borewell
- Rejuvenation of all lakes. Make rain water harvesting mandatorily enforced including recycling water in big apartment complexes
- Practical Solutions for discharge of STP Treated Water
- Water supply pipelines for all apartments by 2018 since many have paid BWSSB charges. Government should ensure supply through Cauvery Water or other schemes eliminating unregulated private water tanker supply.
- UGD connection for all non-apartment households / small apartments without STP.
- Sewage Treatment Infrastructure of sufficient need - through STPs at lake inlets, decentralised STPs and alternate technology STPs.
6 Road & Transport:
- Pedestrian First! Footpaths clear of all obstacles
- Identify 50 Pothole prone junctions and get White Topping done
- 100% of Road cutting work is restored as per specification with 5 days
- Pedestrian crossings in Top 50 junctions
- Install 5 People friendly Skywalks in Key junctions and ORR
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms with industries and Tech parks
- All Drains Covered
- Full implementation of Suburban rail and fast execution of Metro
- Additional Traffic police to manage traffic on par with Mahadevpura population
- Decongest traffic at Marathalli Bridge, Phoenix Market City, Kundanahalli Junction, Shell Petrol Bunk Junction, Graphite India Junction, Hope Farm, Kadubeesanahalli-Panathur, Borewell Road/Nellurhalli Circle, Varthur Kodi, Varthur Village, Prestige Shantiniketan, Big Bazaar, Hoodi Triangle
- Keep pollution down by implementing active mechanized cleaning and checking on polluting industries/construction areas.
- Convenience facilities at all major Bus stop
- Raised Pedestrian Crossing at all junctions/Apartment clusters
- Strict enforcement on Traffic violations
- Development of artillery roads. Have plans and dates published on fixing the road after the roads have been dug up. Coordination between all departments while digging roads
- 100% of the roads are either quality tarred or White-Topped or Tender Sure
- Ban approval of high rise apartments (over 6 flrs) that require widening existing residential roads
- Faster action on encroachments or illegal constructions near road, which are hindering development.
- Road maintenance is essential. We are truly tired of repeated issues on the roads and different govt bodies digging them up erratically.
- Parking issues: Enforce parking rules to avoid unauthorized and haphazard parking by cars and cabs. All commercial establishment should provide self parking on all Major District Roads and State Highways.
- Value based Quality education to all grades: Link for Details
- Vocational training programs for our Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Rural Youth to provide them a meaningful livelihood for the future
- 1 excellent public library in each ward
8 Accountability in Governance
- Corruption free Governament offices. Start with Clear signage for all services.
- Clarity in all govt spent so as to avoid well known "percentage cuts".
- An easy method for citizens to lodge complaint about corrupt or non performing govt officials, which can be tracked and closed with action. One such centre in each ward
- Citizen engagement via an Advisory committee of Non Partisan residents of the area.
- Approachability of the MLA & his office, need a 24/7 command center
- If failed to uphold the above bare minimum asks, he should take moral responsibility & sign the resignation before taking oath or office. Else, place 100cr in an escrow account
9 Additional Ward Specific Needs for Mahadevpura
54 - Hoodi: http://www.risingcitizen.org/wiki/Hoodi_Ward
82 - Garudacharpalya: http://www.risingcitizen.org/wiki/Garudacharpalya_Ward
83 - Kadugodi: http://www.risingcitizen.org/wiki/Kadugodi_Ward
84 - Hagadur: http://www.risingcitizen.org/wiki/Hagadur_Ward
85 - Doddanekundi:http://www.risingcitizen.org/wiki/Doddanekundi_Ward
86 - Marathahalli:http://www.risingcitizen.org/wiki/Marathahalli_Ward
149 - Varthur: http://www.risingcitizen.org/wiki/Varthur_Ward
150 - Bellandur: http://www.risingcitizen.org/wiki/Bellandur_Ward