|Ward Office||[tel: ]|
|PA to Corporator|
|Assistant Revenue Officer (ARO)||Basavachari|
|Micro Plan||[ Micro Plan]|
2 Ward Level Issues
Agencies in Sync BBMP, BWSSB, BESCOM, BDA, BTP, KLDCA all need to be working actively and in synchronisation without the need for citizen or political interference.
Quick Response A SWAT team consisting of Health Inspector, Traffic Police Inspector, AEE should be formed to attend to emergencies.
Maintenance Varthur and Bellandur Lake rejuvenation on a war footing. Decongest traffic at Marathalli Bridge, Phoenix Market City, Kundanahalli Junction, Shell Petrol Bunk Junction, Graphite India Junction, Hope Farm, Kadubeesanahalli-Panathur, Borewell Road/Nellurhalli Circle, Varthur Kodi, Varthur Village, Prestige Shantiniketan, Big Bazaar, Hoodi Triangle, Ibblur, Kasavanahalli. Regular tasks should be done with diligence and quality without escalation. These include: Maintenance of roads, cleaning of drains, Removal of pigs and garbage black spots from streets, ABC programme for stray dogs.
2.1 Accountability & Good Governance
Upgrade the Hoodi Post Office for all Government services
Ward Committee MLA promises need to be reviewed periodically in the regular ward meetings. 3 non partisan members representing the needs of apartments and layouts and an additional representation for villages and long time settlers of the area should be there in Ward Committee.
Citizen engagement Setup and engage with Advisory/feedback committee of residents.
Be accessible Approachability of the MLA & his office
Stop Corruption Clear signage for all services and corresponding officer’s name with phone numbers in all major languages. Mention escalation points with email ids. Ensure that the Khata processing,building plan approval and issuing OC, is bribe free and people friendly. Improved & Bribe free BESCOM & BWSSB services. Have a single window grievance centre for citizens to lodge complaint about corrupt or non-performing govt officials, which can be tracked and closed with action.
Stop violations Remove of encroachments on Rajakaluves and Stormwater Drains. Act immediately against Illegal constructions
2.2 Public space, Property
BESCOM erratic power supply issues - Need a dedicated transformer to supply to growing needs of the area which is fast developing with apartment and gated.
Public sites Fence ALL public properties including ALL lakes. Develop them into parks, DWCC centres or other civic amenity use identified by ward committee
Playgrounds WHO recommends 9 sq metre per person open space. It is currently 1 sq m - Increase it to 2 sq m within 1 year of election, by having at least 4 public playgrounds in each ward.
Civic Amenities Have one Bangalore One Center in each ward ( except for the ones which already have) along with a Public Library. Dedicated hawker zones for street vendors.
For apartments Implement undiluted RERA immediately. OC to be mandatory with criminal charges on Builder for violations without any impact on owners. All apartment charges to be reviewed and brought on par with others. Water tariff to be on par with individual house. Power Tariff to be charged only under LT2 (a) and not LT5
BESCOM Remove unwanted poles and cables. Make the 24/7 helpline more accountable. The complaint escalation levels should be published.
2.3 Clean Air
- Stop burning of garbage and dry leaves completely.
- Mechanised Street cleaning machine to cover ALL tarred roads in the ward.
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms with industries and Tech parks.
- Strict implementation of pollution control norms for construction areas and METRO construction.
- Install more Pollution Control monitors across Mahadevpura
2.4 Waste & Health
- Have C&D collection center and Aggregation center at Constituency Level
- Have a DWCC, Leaf composting and Biogas/Composting units in every ward. All parks & temples to compulsorily have leaf composting.
- Additional primary(auto-tippers) and secondary (compactors) vehicles for Organic and Sanitary Waste collection as per latest number of non-bulk households. Additional Vehicles for Dry waste collection as per latest number of non-bulk households.
- Regularize and map Paying Guest buildings in wards
- Create awareness on waste segregation at source and KA Plastic Ban through IEC material and link workers for residents and PKs
- Have dedicated areas for communicating important messages to citizens
- Enforcement of KA Plastic Ban and Segregation at Source on a war footing by empowering Citizen Marshalls and ward officials
- Collect garbage collection from commercial areas twice a day. Provide bins for commercial areas.
- Enforce complete ban of birthday banners and other flex banners in public areas
- Desilt Drains and ensure all chambers and drains are covered properly. No stagnant water.
- Street Dogs: BBMP should clear dues and pay NGOs doing sterilization on time. Allocate funds for Canine Distemper vaccination along with Anti Rabies vaccine.
2.5 Safety, Law and Order
- 100% coverage of street lights for all roads. Street lights should be centrally managed at ward level.
- 100% cctv coverage of areas surrounding and overlooking schools, colleges , public lands, bus stops and anganwadis, and centrally connect to police control.
- Update crime statistics by category across police station limits on the website regularly.
- Complete on the ground implementation of New Beat System rolled out by Karnataka State Police in Feb 2017. Collaborate with residents and implement Neighbourhood Watch Programs
- Bring Law to ensure 60% of police work force is available for local crime investigation of cases and not kept away for bandobast and VIP duties outside of their postings, bringing measurable change in resolution of cases in Police stations.
- Strict enforcement of transfer policy preventing premature transfer of police postings.
- Revamp police stations to make them citizen friendly and technologically on par with international Standards.
- Make filing FIR a simple and easy but compulsory process
- Champion and reduce fatal road accidents by 50%
- Improve visible police presence and increase public confidence. We need dramatic increase in the number of policemen for the size of Mahadevpura
2.6 Water, Lakes & Trees
- Regular cleaning of Rajakaluve & supervision by Health Inspector once a fortnight
- Cover the Rajakaluve.
- Safe drinking water to every citizen – Make the process of connection to BWSSB pipeline bribe free. Water supply pipelines for all apartments by 2018 since many have paid BWSSB charges.
- Control on new borewells with mandatory approvals, action against illegal borewells and safety measures for dried borewells.
- Mandatory water recharge systems near each borewell
- Make rain water harvesting mandatorily enforced including recycling water in big apartment complexes
- Complete UGD Pipeline across all wards. Connect all UGD to functioning STPs.
2.7 Road & Transport
- Road widening of Belathur Main Road connecting Whitefield to Medahalli
- Tar all roads with good quality long lasting materials. For example , HDFC road was tarred but with bad quality.
- Fix all the roads that are dug-up. For example, VSR is very bumpy because BWSSB dug about an year back but yet to redo it.
- Road in front of Amrutha Sarovara and Rose Mansion apartments need to be relayed ( dug up due to BWSSB work) and connect this road to Belathur 3rd main Road(Also known as HDFC road). This is in a very bad condition. Even though MLA promised to get it done, nothing has happened so far. This is also a transit for many more apartments dwellers and villagers.
- BMTC services from Kempegowda Bus stand to Kadugodi via Medahalli, Belathur
- Efficient manning of the Hoodi side railway crossing by at least 2 constables with a reliever.
- Broaden the railway crossing with 2 extra lanes
- Strict enforcement of no parking zones on main roads
- Remove footpath encroachments. For example on Thigalarapalya Main Road.
- Make the footpaths pedestrian friendly.
- Regulate SEZs to run common transport for all the companies within their premises. This will eliminate the private buses run by each company and therefore remove burden from roads.
- Due to outdated road laying policy, the road level has gone above floor level of old houses. Identify better ways to lay roads.
- Ensure footpaths on all roads, and clear footpaths of all obstacles and encroachments
- Use the offer from Central government to fund Peripheral Ring Road and start work
- Identify top 50 Pothole prone junctions and get white topping done
- Implement the specification of restoring full road cutting work within 5 days
- Install pedestrian crossings in top 50 junctions
- Install 5 People friendly Skywalks in key junctions and ORR
- Full implementation of Suburban rail and fast execution of Metro
- BTP should just focus on enforcement and let the signals do their job. BTP must deploy additional staff for taking care of violators.
- Convenience facilities at all major bus stops
- Raised Pedestrian Crossing at all junctions/Apartment clusters
- Strict enforcement on Traffic violations
- Development of artillery roads. Have plans and dates published on fixing the road after the roads have been dug up. Coordination between all departments while digging roads
- Ban approval of high rise apartments (over 6 floors) that require widening existing residential roads
- Faster action on encroachments or illegal constructions near road, which are hindering development.
- Enforce parking rules to avoid unauthorized and haphazard parking by cars and cabs. Do not give permission to new commercial developments unless they have parking.
- Provide bus stops closer to Metro stations for last and first mile connectivity.
- Roads are dug up and left unrepaired by telecom companies and the residents keep running from pillar to post between various departments
- Implement govt’s rules on child safety at each and every Govt school. Govt issued a law on 2 Jan 2018. This law is a must in making children safer everywhere & help enhance learning outcomes
- Value based Quality education to all grades: Link for Details
- Vocational training programs for our Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Rural Youth to provide them a meaningful livelihood for the future
- Have one excellent public library in each ward
- Include sports and after school activities in government schools.
If you have any suggestions/inputs that can be added in the above content please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org